Confident Access to God - Ephesians 3:12

 



"In him we have boldness and confident access through faith in him." Ephesians 3:12

Unending, God-given Supply

I am bold in Him. Right?

I don't know; I don't feel so bold. If you want to know the embarrassing truth, I feel sorta timid. 

I don't want to open my mouth. I don't want to reveal my thoughts. I even carry around old remembered shame from my childhood, so I'm afraid of getting hit with even more hard knocks.

But this verse says I have boldness. Now. Present tense. It's mine.

So who should I believe? The scripture or me? The scripture, Right? 

Okay, why am I even asking such an obvious question? Here's why: I debate this in my own mind regularly. Should I listen to Jesus or not? And maybe the words don't form so obviously wrong in my mind, but my actions show that the debate took place, and that I decided to do the thing I wanted to do. 

I must stand on this: The Word of God is the truth. Period. 

So, I actually DO have boldness. 

What is boldness for? It's boldness to speak the truth and to do what is right. It's boldness to love God with all my heart, mind, strength, and soul. It's boldness to love my neighbors as myself.

How many times I have stayed silent when I should have reached down deep for that boldness that is right there in an unending, God-given supply, and spoken out.

How many times I should have taken hold of the boldness to work against an evil, to work against a lie, or to do a kindness that didn't seem so popular. 

And by the grace of God, I have also been bold, surprising even myself.

I Am Empowered

The bible says to speak the truth. In love. That requires boldness. Tell someone about Jesus. It takes boldness.

I have full throne room access to the King of Glory. This is a special relationship. And so often I have walked around like I wanted to blend in with everyone else, like those who aren't children of the most high. What is wrong with me!

I have boldness and access. I am connected. I am empowered right now. My battery is fully charged. "I will never leave you, nor forsake you," he says. It is time, today, to believe Him.

Now, it does require faith. Sometimes I lack faith. I want to be all-in with Him. Not just one foot. Both feet. With faith. Trusting. Bold. Accessing. That's what being a Christian is. I want all of it. Today.

Lord, help my faith. Help me be all in. May I trust whatever you have in mind for me. May I be bold! May I speak and do your will. Today. Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God ALMIGHTY. The whole earth is full of your glory. And I am your child. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

Walking Worthy - Ephesians 4:1-3 (a prayer devotion)

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22