Good Lord - Psalm 34:8-10



Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.
The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. Psalm 34:8-10

The Lord is good to me. I want to be a man who sees that and says it. Who knows it in my innermost thoughts where that awareness bubbles up regularly. 

I am a believer. When the psalmist says, "Blessed is the man who trusts in Him," that means believers can do it. That means I can trust the Lord today. 


Maybe that seems obvious, but I can find myself feeling good about trusting the Lord; then, the wind blows, and I fear like the disciples in the boat.


It is certainly true that I may need to confess sin. And confession leads to fearing the Lord. It's in my strutting pride, my quiet pride, my wall of pride, that I don't confess and don't fear Him. My pride falls as I fear Him. And I fear Him when I am humble. They go together. 


And when I am humble, when the Holy Spirit fills up that spot where the pride lived, when I fear Him, He takes care of me. 


Wait. I don't want to be taken care of... I am an American man. I take care of myself! Right?


Right. Well, that has not gone so well for me. 


I need the Lord. I need to search out who He is. As I admit my need, I release my pride. He heals and forgives. He moves me. 


And like the Psalm says, I lack no good thing. He provides. 


Jehovah Jireh, my provider, your grace is sufficient for me. Today Lord, show me how to release this pride and welcome you to fill me. To make me a lover of you and your people. May I run to you when I sin. May the Father be glorified through Christ in me today as my pride melts, as I trust You, as I admit my need, as I am convicted and confess my sin. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in God Alone - Psalm 62:5-8

You Caused - Psalm 71:20-22

Prayers for Everyone - 1 Timothy 2:1-3